Monday 8 December 2008

The Basket Club

A-tisket, a-tasket, a brown and yellow basket...

Twelve years ago I found this basket at a trash & treasure market and it brought me much much joy. It was simple, practical, could stand up on its own and wouldn't bang against my legs when I hooked it onto the handle bars of my bike.

When I carried my basket I felt happy. And when I carried it, I noticed so many others happy and carrying their baskets. And so I made up 100 of these cards to give out to fellow happy basket carriers.

My mum wanted to be a member so bad that she bought herself a picnic basket so I would give her a card that she then displayed proudly in a frame.

It was a small gesture, but it meant the world to me.

Congratulations goes out to my mum today! As she has just found out that her book, Alzheimer's: A Love Story, has been accepted for publication by Scribe.

You are an inspiring human being, Mamman. Because of your actions and your words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Meg's mom!

WriterBee said...

You got it wrong, Meg, I'm sorry. I was not being a good mother - I was after a piece of your truly original art.