Monday 3 November 2008

Seven Words

Over the course of this week I have had hundreds of readers come to my blog by way of Claire Robertson's creative HQ, Loobylu. She has a cult following, and it's not hard to see why.

Claire and I worked together seven years ago. I remember when she first told me about her blog, I read and loved it, though I didn't completely understand what a blog really was and what it was for. As a long-time diarist, I didn't understand why someone would want to air their private thoughts publicly. 

Oh, how whole worlds change!

Here is a zine that Claire illustrated the cover for. It's called How Comics Can Change the World. Open it up and the first words you read are: "Do not pay money for this comic." I often think about these seven words. 

Despite what governments tell us, and despite how our whole lives revolve around us being slaves to it, the things that really make a difference in the world have nothing to do with money.

1 comment:

Leigh @ Toasted said...

i'm one who came to your blog via Loobylu, and i just wanted to let you know I've been enjoying it a lot. i have two small children and little time to keep informed. your blog distills lots that i'm interested in for me. and you inspire me. and you do it for free! thanks.