Saturday 27 September 2008

Crisis Opportunism

I am half way through reading Naomi Klein's 533 page tome, The Shock Doctrine, which seems an especially pertinent choice of books right now, given the current situation on Wall St.

The Shock Doctrine: The use of public disorientation following massive collective shocks – wars, terrorist attacks, natural disasters – to push through unpopular economic measures often called 'shock therapy.'

I will save my opinions until after I have finished reading it, but just wanted to recommend you watch this clip:

3 comments:

eddy carroll said...

This is great Meg!
If you havent already you
may want to also read John Bergers Hold everything dear, to wind down with!

Meg said...

Thanks for the tip, eddy! I shall add it to my list. So many books, so little time...

Anonymous said...

you have left us with alot to discuss and read eventually