Friday 15 August 2008

Kidding Around

I am in between contracts and thinking about what projects I am going to work on next.

I wrote a story when I was in grade 5 that our class then made into a movie. (It was called Key to the Unknown Planet.) I knew then that I wanted to be a writer.

In 2000, Bruce Willis made a film called The Kid, in which he as an 8 year-old visits himself as an adult. In one scene, when the boy sees what his older self has, he exclaims, overjoyed, "We've got a dog!"

Sometimes I feel that I live my grown-up life as a salute to the dreams I had as a kid.

I look in the mirror and think, "We've got red hair!"

My sister K, (who wanted to be a ballerina when she was young) sent me a link to the folio of Yeondoo Jung, who, for one of his projects, honours childhood imaginings by bringing them to life.

No comments: