Tuesday 24 June 2008

Snap!

The best part of Lyndal Jones' show at ACCA was meeting the barista at the café in the foyer. And not just because she makes a great soy latté.

Behind the coffee machine on a stool, I noticed a spiral of rolled up knitting with two knitting needles poking out of the top. The wool was different shades of red, which is what initially caught my eye. When I asked her what she was making, the barista, Buni, told me she didn't know, though she had several ideas for her very long creation:

You see, I too am a knit wit, though my tool is a Knitting Nancy. And I too am a knitter of wool that is many different shades of red and I too have a very long creation that I have dozens of ideas as to its use.

Initially my sister K was going to knit the red rope into a basket, then we thought maybe a rug, but for the moment the best use for it is to keep my hands busy and warm during these chilly winter months.

1 comment:

crazyhaberdasher said...

Hi Meg, thanks for your comment on my blog - spoolknitter - I just love a good knitting Nancy. Are you still going to make a rug? Red cushions could be nice too.....
from fellow Melbournite - Marian (Maz)