Wednesday 4 June 2008

National Costume

Several weekends ago, I went to a friend's 40th birthday party. Half way through the afternoon, a whole lot of boxes full of clothes were brought out that she and some of her friends no longer wanted. All the women at the party swarmed around them. It was very interesting to watch everybody's behaviour.

Some people snatched and grabbed garments for themselves, while others gave things to people who they thought the items would suit. Someone handed me the dress I am wearing today for the very first time - a dark green woollen dress with a zip up the front. I am happy to tell you, it is super comfy and super warm and had it not been given to me, I never would have given it a second thought.

Big thanks to Tashland for the footless stockings, to Emily B-Sides for pointing out the shoes at Camberwell Market, and to Redbeard for providing the wireless and the coffee that have enabled me to post this today.

No comments: