Thursday 29 May 2008

Blog Designed

A few weeks ago I was employed to write a series of short bios of a dozen mid-century furniture designers. One of the many reasons I like being a freelance writer is that I am always researching interesting topics and learning so much along the way, like this for example, about Finnish American designer Eero Saarinen:

The Saarinen household was one where drawing and painting were taken very seriously, and a devotion to quality and professionalism were instilled in Eero at a young age.

One of the lessons he was taught is that each object should be designed in its “next largest context - a chair in a room, a room in a house, a house in an environment, environment in a city plan.”
I have kept a diary since I was 11, and am now ready to design my personal writing for this larger global context.

Welcome along on my experiment.

No comments: